24.9.12

Kite's gone wild

When thinking of what to do with Salyer today I thought it might be fun to run to the store and pick up a kite. Little did I know I was going to fit my daily exercise routine in at the same time.

Not even 5 min. from going out in the field behind the house, the kite was launched as high as our superstring allowed it. Salyer, as expected, was bored with it as soon all the string was let out and wanted to go back inside.

In the last 2 days I'm pretty sure the wind had not let up for more than a 5 sec period...until right at that moment. The kite dive bombed to the roof of what I thought was the house on the corner. I know the guy and even though he has two large dogs I wasn't too worried. Haha. Well, about 30 min. later as I was tracking down string ( had to hop into a few neighbors backyards to untangle it from trees and bushes) I realized it was so much further than I thought. Instead of the roof On the corner, it was on the roof across the main street and several houses down. I knocked on the door and got permission to get it.

Needless to say my 5 min. Of kite flying lead to an hour of chasing it down and winding up string. Chalk it up as just another Stayton adventure to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment